Keywords to learn
Coloration: an animal’s appearance in regards to colour
Alloparenting: the act caring for young that are not the offspring of the carer
Hey Kids, my name is Morgan the Mandrill and I am very happy to meet you. Learn more about me and my species @
- Lifespan:18 to 22 years.
- Scientific Name:Mandrillus sphinx.
- Mass:11kg – 25kg (24lb – 55lb).
- Length:55cm – 95cm (22in – 37in).
- Region found:Central Africa.
- Population Status:Vulnerable.
- Current population trend:Decreasing.
- Sexual maturity:
4 – 8 years.
The mandrill is an incredible and intimidating monkey with many wonderful characteristics and an unforgettable face. Its bright colours make it unique among all other mammals. Mandrills are currently threatened by hunting and deforestation.
Now that you know more about the mandrill by learning the key data above, be sure also to check out the fun facts. When you are finished learning the facts, try answering the questions in the Q&A corner on the bottom right side of the page.
Download questions about the mandrill here: Mandrill (answers are on this page)
Teachers. For more in-depth worksheets about the monkey . Click on Kidskonnect Worksheets
Check out our NEW TWITTER ACCOUNT, where you can check out some more cool animal facts: @ animalsatoz
Axolotl Fun Facts for Kids
- # 1. The mandrill is the largest living monkey in the world.
- # 2. Mandrills have large cheek pouches that they use to store food for later consumption.
- # 3. Mandrills will forage in trees, but they spend most of their time on the ground.
- # 4. The largest mandrill horde ever documented numbered well over 1,200 individuals.
- # 5. Mandrills have very long canine teeth that they use for self defence.
# 1. Name five foods that mandrills eat?
# 2. What is the average lifespan of a mandrill?
# 3. Who takes care of the young in a mandrill horde?
# 4. What is one natural predator of the mandrill?
# 5. What colours can be found on the face of a mandrill?